Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SALILA [water]



I fell for these lovely natural aquamarine gemstones with its variety of colors, ranging from sea foam green to robins egg blue, once I laid my eyes on them. For awhile, I was not sure what to do with them, but they keep calling my name. So I would come and touch them everyday...just as I do with my other stones waiting to be turned into beautiful pieces of jewelry. A few days ago, I grab them, some pearls, chain and what not and set to work. I made Salila into a double layer bracelet and arranged them so so that the pearls and gemstones roll and chase each other as wave on the surface of water would.

Aquamarine is a 19th anniversary gemstone, and birthstone of the month of March.

Metaphysically, aquamarine is known as a stone of courage and fortitude that can bring great power. It is said to assist with quick intellectual response. It brings inner peace and self-love, gives shielding for the aura, and is said to bring angels for their guidance and protection. As such, it is an excellent crystal for meditation. Aquamarine is used metaphysically to dispel anger and fear. Aquamarine is also used psychically to do past life recall and work. It is also said to be a wonderful good luck stone. Aquamarine is reputed to assist with calming communication issues. It is said to be attuned to the sea and protect travelers on water and sailors. In crystal healing lore Aquamarine has been used for healing GERD, chronic fatigue, the endocrine system, eyes and eyesight, fluid retention, headaches, intestinal disorders, the nervous system, phobias, and teeth and gums. Aquamarine is associated with the throat chakra.

3 comments:

  1. Aquamarine is my birth stone :-) Beautiful jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combination, it is soft and feminine..
    http://sianykitty.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments Lizzin & Siany!! :)

    ReplyDelete