Monday, September 20, 2010

Expect What????



I love making things... jewelry, bags, crocheting, knitting, painting, drawing, ceramics... anything. You name it, I probably did it at one time or another. Yes, woodworking too. I did that for awhile :) It's all like playing to me. It was fun because I had no expectation of the outcome of my art. Then, a few months after I decided to sell my jewelry this 'expectation' rose. I wanted people to love them and buy them!! The focus became making everybody happy and I stopped creating from joy, the thing that makes creating fun in the first place. Then I went through a phase that I called 'Sucky Phase' and did not make anything because I expected so much out of my art and it scared me. As an artist, I have decided that it was not a way to live or create...and I let the expectation go. Now, I let my art flow and come out as it comes out from my heart. I let it into the world without any expectation...or maybe not as much :)

Click on the photos to go to my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. That's so true Maria. When we expect our hobby can make money for us, it's not gonna be fun anymore. Sometimes we forget that. glad you remind us about this.

    ReplyDelete